June 17, 2009

Doula little dance, make a little love...

Well, maybe in the opposite order! My good friend, Bre'Ann is now 39 weeks pregnant with baby number 1 and is right there at the end of the road! She has asked me to be a labor support person during her birth, along with her mother. Her goal is to have the baby without intervention or pain medication, which we all know is possible (barring some medical emergency). I myself birthed two of my babes with no intervention and her mother had all 3 of her children without any pain meds.

I am getting so excited to help her through her labor, to see little Ava and to share the amazing experience with her that I myself have gone through 3 times before. I'm hoping the phone call comes soon to rush over and lend my love and support.

I have been doing my best to prepare my dear friend to remember that pregnancy isn't always 40 weeks, that we can go longer than that and most first time moms do. She was sure she's have her by now, but has now resigned to the fact that she'll likely be pregnant for 42 weeks. I can definitely relate to that!

Whether tonight or 3 weeks from now, one thing is for sure...Miss Ava will be here soon! And we will all get to oooh and ahhh over her and her wonderful mommy.

No comments: